Can You Make Money On YouTube?By Andre Conferido Under Make Money Online
YouTube is more than just an avenue you can use to post amusing or educational videos and share it to other people from different parts of the globe. It is one of the most popular websites today, attracting millions of viewers on a daily basis.
The popularity of the website has made it a good ground for people to earn money. Now we will take a look at the different ways that you can use in order to make money on YouTube.
Top 5 Ways To Make Money On YouTube
There are several ways that you can use in order to earn money from YouTube. Here are the top 5:
1. Youtube Partner Program
The most common method that people use in order to make money through the biggest video sharing website is through the Partner Program of YouTube. The website employs a system called “revenue sharing.” Revenue sharing allows users to earn money by having advertisements appear on their videos (Ads can appear before the video itself, on the bottom of the video, or next to the video), or by making their videos available for rental through streaming.
Of course, not everyone can join the YouTube Partner program. The website has set certain criteria that people will need to follow in order to join the program. These criteria include:
- Creating original videos that will be made available to the thousands of people using YouTube
- Publishing new videos on a regular basis
- Receiving express permission for any and all audio and video content that you post on your videos
You can join the Partner program either by applying to join it or being invited by YouTube itself to join the program (which usually happens if one or more of your videos get a lot of hits). You will need to set up a Google AdSense account in order to receive your money from the program. Furthermore, YouTube will only give users payment when the videos they have published make $100.
2. Sponsored Videos
Another method that you can use to make money through YouTube is to post sponsored videos. In most cases, this will mean posting a review of a product on your YouTube channel. The manufacturers of the product you review will give you a commission for plugging their product. A good example is NigaHiga’s video about the Nexus One.
3. Promoting Affiliate Links
If you’re a member of an affiliate program, you can use YouTube to plug the products that you’re promoting to increase the likelihood of making successful sales.
Those who are promoting affiliate links will usually put a watermark on their video that displays the URL of the website that they’re promoting. Make sure to also provide a hyperlink in the description area so that viewers can easily click it instead of copying the URL manually from the watermark.
When it comes to using YouTube to promote affiliate links, you need to make sure that the videos you produce will not only comply with the terms and conditions set by YouTube, but also the rules established by the affiliate program, otherwise, you may end up getting your account deleted and even kicked out of the affiliate program you were part of.
4. Promoting Your Own Website
If you have your own website, you can also create videos and post these on YouTube to get the attention of your target audience. If you have a product, you can display the products you’ve made on your videos to make these more attractive to buyers or you can simply drive traffic to a website with advertisements. As with the affiliate promotions, be sure to put a hyperlink to your website so that the viewers of your videos won’t have a difficult time in visiting your website.
5. Selling Fan Gear
If you have your own products, you can use YouTube to create videos to plug your online to make sales. Fan gears are a hit on YouTube. A good example of this is from Epic Meal Time’s.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that marketing using YouTube will bring you easy money. You will need to exert time and effort if you want to earn well from this avenue. Some reminders that you will want to follow when it comes to making money through YouTube include:
- Get the viewers. Like other video producers on YouTube, your goal should be to get as many subscribers as possible, as they are the key to making a lot of money through YouTube. For example, your application to join the YouTube Partner program may be rejected if you don’t have a lot of subscribers, and advertisers who are looking for YouTube producers to plug their products may not choose you if you actually dont have a lot of subscribers to promote these goods to.
- Be as creative as possible. YouTube supports literally thousands of videos on their website, which is why you need to make your video as creative as possible to make it stand out above the rest. At the same time, make sure that the videos you publish are original and well-made. Do not post videos that have been haphazardly made, as these won’t do much for you.
- Make sure to comply with the rules. Violating any of the rules, such as posting copyrighted content, can mean you getting banned from YouTube, so follow the rules and regulations set by the website.
It takes a combination of luck, patience, and skill in order to earn well by posting videos on YouTube. As such, be sure to exert as much effort as possible so that you will have a higher chance of getting a good income from the website.