First of, I had a hard time putting this thing up. It’s a BIG video and took me an hour to upload on Youtube. Unknowingly they’d delete it after because it’s more than 10 minutes long. So yeah I screwed.
Second, the quality is not that cool because I’m using the built in 1.3 megapixels webcam of my Vaio – not cool (compared to those sweet HD’s) but OK.
Third, I like this interview personally. I did the interview with trusty bondpaper, goofed off around a “bit” and gave some good stuff (I can’t quite decide if this video is about me goofing off or answering interview questions)
I’m pretty sure you’ll like it nonetheless…
[flashvideo file=http://carlocab.s3.amazonaws.com/vid/carl-ocab-interview.flv /]
Questions asked by the bond… paper
1. Hi Carl, you have been the well known kid guru around the block who makes money online at the age of 13. Could you tell us more about how did you get yourself started and where did your main inspirations come from?
2. Everyone knows it isn’t to get on Google’s first page for keyword “Make Money Online” but you manage to keep your throne even up till now. What are the exact methods you use to reach this position?
3. When I first visited CarlOcab.com, your RSS subscriber count was at 8,000+ and now it has climbed up to 14,000+. (Even while you were away from your blog for awhile). How did you manage to keep this up?
4. I know selling ads hasn’t been a problem for you because I always see new ad placement on your blog. Do you go about contacting businesses or do you only wait for companies/personal to contact you?
5. Following up to the question above, does the blog theme really affect your ad sales?
6. Carl, you have created one of the most practical and converting theme for monetized blogging. Would you like to use this chance to tell my readers why they should use your Ultimate Blogging Theme?
7. If they were to buy your Ultimate Blogging Theme, how can they make full use of it and ensure they are really able to start making money from their blogs?
8. Besides blogging, you make money from affiliate marketing too right? Do you make use of any other marketing methods besides blogging and mailing list?
9. Finally the last question Carl. While many of your peers at your age are still hanging out in shopping malls or at gaming parties, you are raking 4 figures every month. Can you give some words of encouragement and advice to help them succeed as well?