This article is guest posted by Patric Herber of pnhnetwork.com .
If you plan to dominate the search engines you are going to need backlinks, and if you are going to spend your time building backlinks then they might as well from strong authority websites. Of course you are all now staring at your monitor wondering how you are supposed to do that, right?
Actually, its pretty easy! There are literally millions of prime link spots just waiting to be picked by the next person who strolls along, you just have to find them! First I will show you how to find your own backlinks and then I will share some of my secret stash with all of you.
Best Methods for Building Authority Links
There are so many different ways to find and build backlinks, some methods will vary from niche to niche. Here are my favorites, why not see how you can adapt them to fit your website.
- Become a Guest Contributor – Carl did a great job of covering guest blogging in another post, so I will just touch on this briefly. You can almost guarantee that there is at least one website/blog in your niche that will accept a guest post, you just have to find them. For instance, if you are in the real estate industry you can write for sites like Real Estate License Direct, in the make money online and home based business industry you can write for Carl and many others. I usually find a site that I like and send them a friendly email expressing my interest in writing for them, you will be amazed at how easy it is.
- Social Communities – There are so many authority social communities out there that using them to build backlinks could easily take weeks. While social bookmarking is a great way to build easy links, its not the only option in town. You can also use your profile pages to build links. Some social communities also offer free blogs that you can utilize as a link building resource. Be sure to check back on your pages and see that they were indexed by the search engines. It never hurts to drop a few links to those pages so that they will get picked up by Google.
- Blog Commenting – This is one method that I tend to use very conservatively. I am not a big fan of spammers, so I try to always add quality comments and contribute to each blog. Becoming a part of the community is often more valuable than the link itself, so keep that in mind the next time you are dropping a quick comment. Here is a list of over 500 dofollow blogs to get you started.
- Forum Signatures – Link building via forum signatures is a debateable method, some think they are of little value and others disagree. I have seen plenty of websites rank very well thanks in large part to their forum signatures so I feel that they do add value. There are a lot of authority forums out there, here is a list.
- Article Marketing – If used selectively, article marketing can be a great way to build links for your niche site. Google has devalued many of these links, so you are best to only contribute unique articles to the highest authority article directories.
I am sure I am forgetting a few methods, but those should get you started. I know from experience that just the above methods could literally take you months to cover completely.
3 Authority Backlinks You Can Build Today:
Below are 5 authority websites that allow dofollow backlinks. I highly recommend that you use these resources with care or the webmasters will certainly stop allowing new links.
- Stanford Law School – Visit http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/people-and-blogs click on an article title, click on add a comment, fill out the form include a relevant on topic comment and you will have an authority dofollow .edu backlink to your site.
- Wikio – Visit http://www.wikio.com, click on sign-up in the upper right hand corner, create and verify your account, log-in to the website and click on publish an article, fill out the article title and body, preview and click submit. You are done!
- MSDN Blogs – Visit http://blogs.msdn.com click on the join link, fill out your information, verify the account, return to http://blogs.msdn.com, click on a recently published title and leave a good comment on the page. There are numerous blogs on this site, it is a pr 7 and most blogs have dofollow comments.
These link opportunities don’t even put a dent in the available links out there, but they will give you an idea of what to look for, how to go about getting the links and how to find similar links on other websites. Enjoy and remember what one ancient wise man once said:
He who abuses his link sources will soon no longer have any link sources to abuse!
PNH offers the very best self improvement advice from his blog, pnhnetwork.com. Visit his blog today for 57 Home Based Business Ideas to Get the Money Rolling!