This article is guest posted by Laura Backes
You’ve got a website and not a lot of money. You want to post an article to your blog. But it’s missing something. It needs color, pop, pizazz. It needs… photos. That’s what’s missing: a little visual interest to draw the eye.
But you’re not exactly in the position to invest in a high-quality digital camera, nor do you have access to beautiful scenery (unless traffic counts). You certainly don’t want to pay for a photo, though. What do you do? Turn to MorgueFile.
1. Free – Yep, you read that right. Free photos. For commercial and private use. Waiting for you to come snatch them up. It’s so easy. You need photos, they have photos, boom, you’re done. High-resolution stock photography images free for either corporate or private use. What more could you ask?
2. Choices – Content. You want choices, is that it? You are afraid that free means skimpy. No. No way. The choices are vast and varied. Even if you don’t know what you’re looking for, you can find it on MorgueFile. I’m not saying they cover every topic you could ever want, but they do a pretty good job with the variety.
3. Bad examples – Speaking of variety, they have some great and some awful pictures. Yes, they have bad photos. Not X-rated, just out of focus or oddly off-centered or even unintelligible. But that can be a good thing. Let’s say you were doing a post on the mistakes made in photography, or how a company was out of focus. There you go- a picture to illustrate your point.
4. Keyword search – Best of all, you can search the photo tags. No flipping through unrelated photos here. Just pick a topic and search. But be careful. Some things will pop up with no results because you didn’t search right. Yes, there’s a right way to search. Remember, these are photos posted by the artists. They don’t think ‘business’. Search for things that an artist would label a photo with. Instead of ‘increasing traffic’ try ‘traffic’ or ‘roads’ or ‘cars’. Don’t worry, you’ll figure it out fast.
5. Did I mention free? – As in zip. Nada. Zilch. Zero. You think that it’s only free during a trial period? Nope. All free, all the time. No signing in necessary. No one is keeping track of your habits, no pesky spam or emails, no ads. Turns out, you can get something for nothing.
There you have it: five reasons to fall in love with MorgueFile. So the next time you want to spruce up your post or your website, take a look there. Before you start searching or clicking away, look at the sideshow on the homepage. They have featured photos. These are the best new photos the site has to offer. Look and see; they might give you some new ideas.
This is a guest post from Laura Backes, she enjoys writing about all kinds of subjects and also topics related to internet providers in my area. You can reach her at: laurabackes8 @ gmail.com