This article is guest posted by Mitz Pantic from WordPress Website Builder.
You know when you meet that person that makes you roll your eyes because you know they are” full of **it” . Are you that person? Are you giving others advice on what to do when you haven’t actually done it for yourself? It is very easy to do this in the Internet marketing world as there is no real proof that any of us are making money online. Anyone can make a fake screen shot of their supposed payouts and earnings. The only way to prove that you are a successful Internet marketer is to fully expose your business to the world and let them be the judge.
The new generation of “wanna be” Internet marketing guru’s can smell success a mile away. If you think you can get away with trying to engage them with simple words, then you are wrong. These people need to see what actions you are taking to be successful to believe in what you are saying. It sound like a viscous circle because it is. You have to “walk the walk” to “talk the talk”.
What actions speak louder than words in the Internet market world?
1. Having a successful website: This is an action that you cannot fake. Well you can try but you will not get away with it for long. Website visitors in the Internet Marketing world like to research popular websites to see if they can work out how they can replicate this webmasters success. They will check your Google page rank, your Alexa ranking, and sometimes even your back links and social channels. If you have exposed your business for all the world to see then even more detailed information will be available to them.
2. Spreading yourself around to be seen: Everywhere the web visitor turns, there you are.. For example in my case, if you are on Youtube searching for “installing a WordPress website” you would see my video come up number two. If you go to Google search and type in “WordPress website builder” my website comes up as number one. I have only just started taking action with WordPress Website Builder and plan to dominate my area. This does not happen by itself and others are not going to do this for you. Of course your content can spread virally by itself but you need to put it out there, to as many places as you can to build your credibility. Everything about your keyword should lead to you.
3. Number one in Google for your name: If you have a name that is very similar to someone who is already famous then I am very sad for you. Go and change your name now. If your name is unique and you do not have competition then being number one on Google is not enough, you should fill the whole first page with results.These results should all lead to actions you have taken. For example if you Google “Mitz Pantic” I own the first page. The results show some of my websites, some articles on other websites I have written, or other website talking about me. It wasn’t always like that. I have saturated the internet with my name and now Google has no choice but to concede and allow me to own my name.
How do you commit to taking action?
1. Avoid information overload: This is the hardest thing to do. How can you avoid something that could enhance your education and move you forward. Ahh, but is it letting you move forward? I am not saying to eliminate all education and information because that would be wrong. If you do that you will not be able to make your business move with the times. You need to know “what’s hot and what’s not”. What I am recommending is to stick with a few top blogs that provide juicy information to your door. Do not waste time browsing the internet. Sign up for a few blogs rss feeds and be done with it. If you sign up to the right ones, they will provide you with the information you need to stay on top of our ever changing world. Get rid of the rest. It’s that simple.
2. Have a plan and stick to it: Write a plan up on paper , that is if you still know how to hand write, and stick it on your wall right in front of your work area. Promise yourself you will follow your plan and complete something that is listed on this plan everyday. Set an alarm on your mobile phone to ring and remind you to stick to the plan. When the alarm goes off you have to ask yourself if you have completed something from the list. If you haven’t then you better get to work and actually accomplish something! Get your goals in order and focus on them. Take action and know that you will be rewarded in the end.
3. Stop buying courses and Ebooks you do not need or use: Everyone needs an Internet marketing course or a mentor to get started, but how many have you had? Are you a conference junky that keeps gathering information and never does anything with it. I was shocked when I attended an Internet Marketing summit with Brett Mcfall and Tom Hua. There were hundreds of people there and they all knew everything about Internet marketing, however I did not find anyone that actually had a successful website. I am guessing that out of all those people, there will only be a select few that will actually do something, take action and use the information they have learned.
==>My tips on what you should spend your money on:
- A great WordPress Theme that will save you time. Carl has a great WordPress theme and I have mentioned this theme in a post on How to choose a WordPress theme. If you are serious about building websites and making money this could never be a waste of money. I have always found certain limitations with free WordPress themes, but of course they are great when you are first starting out.
- A software program that will save you time. I guess it is all about time. Some software programs are worth their weight in gold when it comes to time saving. Some programs can even make you money.
- Outsource work to save you time. If you cannot do something and you are not good at it, why spend hours trying to figure it out. For example you can go to fiverr.com and get someone to install a
Wordpress website for $5. You can also get a video made, an article written, and more.
Become disciplined to take action
I am the Queen of self discipline as I have always had my own business which relied on me to take action. I had to get up in the morning and go to work even though I had no one to tell me off if I was late. I had to say no to my friends when they asked me out during working hours. They could not understand why I had to stick to a schedule when I had no one holding me to it. This is where actions do speak louder than words. I said I was going to do it and I have. I am earning money from Internet marketing simply because I have taken action. Why don’t you join me? Anyone can DO it! Oh my alarm just went off, sorry guys I have to go.