Ah Christmas, time to give, time to receive and time to launch a new theme! First of all, Merry Christmas, I hope you had a superb time with your family and friends. This is probably one of the best Christmas ever, I got a cool RC helicopter from my dad. I still don’t know how to fly it properly but it’s still the best. I’ll post a video soon.
Anyway, without further ado – welcome to the new Carl Ocab dot com!
Pause for a minute. Have a look at the beauty and oh for those feed subscribers, just click here.
The theme isn’t as sleek as it looks. There maybe bugs crawling out there, so please help me find them and spray them out.
I’ve changed a lot of things from the old design, here is a recap:
- A wider design to accumulate all the new features and to give more space for the content.
- Observed the nofollow attribute more and added them to links to non valuable pages.
- Fixed the 3 boxes and replaced them with text, it was an image before.
- Added a featured post area so the best tips don’t go down so easily and get replaced by some of my ramblings or maybe newsy kind of posts, heh.
- Excerpted posts for faster loading, more pageviews and to kill duplicate content.
- Wrapped the AdSense ad on the homepage and removed them on single posts. I’ve found out that 90% of clicks were only coming from the homepage, probably people from the keyword “Make Money Online”.
- Blogrush wasn’t working good enough for me. For the whole time I used it on this blog, I only got 30 unique visitors from them. To start the new year, I’m trying out Entrecard, I’ve heard a lot of people like it and got a good amount of traffic from them. My space is currently empty so don’t forget to drop yours! 2 credits is the cost this time.
- I’ve added an affiliate ad in the middle of the 3rd and 4th post and replaced the AdSense ad above the footer with a private ad deal.
- I guess you can see the big RSS button below :-)
I didn’t change the colors much so everyone can still recognize the old blog from this one.
The most important aspect of a great design is what the visitor wants. At this point of time, I’m asking you. Drop your feedback and your constructive criticisms in the comments section.
Bye for now, I’m off to bug hunting!