This article is guest posted by Ruben Ricart of Frusketing.com
Like many of you I have always had a passion for business, and making money online, however, I had no experience or knowledge on how to even get started. I remember coming online and typing the infamous keyword “make money online” only to be overwhelmed with thousands of sites offering to give you the key to success.
It was only when I ran into Noah Flemming of the Rich-Jerks that I really began to learn the concept and reality of making a decent living online. I was always told that if you want to succeed you have to duplicate the efforts of those that have already achieved the goal your trying to achieve so I asked God for patience and as he granted me with this fine virtue I slowly began to study and intake all of the nuggets and tips that were offered on his forum.
Overtime I started to gather everything I learned and It all came down to one thing; traffic and fresh content but this led to my next question: “where do I get so much content to build an online business if im not yet an expert in this niche.”
After coming to that understanding I started to wonder what kind of business model can I start off with to build something people want to frequent on more than one occasion while offering me the benefit of achieving my goal even if I’m not an expert to pump a niche specific blog with content. After much thought and keyword research It was only a matter of time before a ligh bulb went off in my head – “why don’t I start a niche specific social network and use content provided by the users for my niche specific blog?” and I did.
This was one of my first accomplishments online and I am very proud of it and I want to share with you how I did it.
Set up & SEO
- Purchase your domain and make sure to include your main niche keyword in the domain name.
- Research the niche a bit further and come up with content to set up on a static web page while ensuring that you have appropriate meta tags,descriptions and keyword rich content sprinkled on the page.
- Optimize your pages for a couple of months by actively participating in forum discussions.
- I’ts very important that you have a e-mail subscription form on this page to capture subscribers.
- Eventually set up your wordpress blog and start to add content that you’ve researched in short paragraph submissions over a period of 2 months.
- Make a habit out of submitting your articles to the social bookmarking sites, this is very important.
- Sign up to a few webring services and add your site to a few banner rings.
Create Accounts on Social Networks
- Create an account on myspace and design your myspace page around the niche that your hoping to target.
- Start to add friends, upon friends until you build a decent amount of friends that others are able to find you.
- Created an account on meetup.com and yahoo groups to spread the word about your new static web page
- Leave comments on all profiles thanking them for their new friendship and leaving a backlink to your new site.
Create your own social network
- After you have decent organic and direct traffic coming find a social networking script like PhpFox,or Boonex.
- Once you’ve selected your script set up your own social network and e-mail all the folks who have subscribed.
- Add a banner to your social network on the main static webpage you set up at the beginning.
- Its important that when members begin to sign up you develop a relationship with them by welcoming them to the site and thanking them for signing up – ensuring that you let them know that you are available to help them with anything regarding the site whenever they run into any issues.
- Make sure that you set up a “Tell a friend” script on the site (Some Social Networking Scripts already have this installed) and ask your members to tell their friends about the new site. This will help your site to spread like wildfire.(this is called viral marketing).
- When you find that a leader within this niche has signed up, make sure to befriend them and ask them to kindly spread the word – partner up with them and ask for their help. (What’s the worst that can happen, they can say no and you move on).
- Make sure to create forum topics and blogs on your social network so that you may inspire activity.
Use forum content on your blog
- Set up terms that grant you as the webmaster permission to reprint submitted content.
- When you find a very valuable post or blog, tell the member that you would like to feature their work on your niche specific blog to get them more exposure and drive more traffic to the social network community.
- Now you have fresh content so use this content on your blog and submit at least 2 articles a day and before you know it the search engines will be driving immense amount of traffic to your sites.
These are the same steps I followed to build a very active social network to about 7,000 members and it all happened in a matter of 1 year and a half.
Ruben is an experienced Internet Marketer who has over 4 years of experience in the Internet Marketing Industry. Tune into his blog and articles for great tips on blogging for profit and internet marketing.