Okay so now I’ll go straight to the point. I’ll teach you how to make money with blogs. This is just part 1 of my post because it’s kinda long so I cut it into pieces. Here it is:
Pick a niche
Of course! First of all is you gotta pick your niche (Check out my post on how to get a successful niche). Try picking a niche that you love so you are at ease when posting. Keep in mind also that when picking a niche, aim first for broad topics like what I’m doing. I blog about making money with blogs which is extremely broad because there are many topics that I can discuss like adsense, affiliate marketing, traffic conversion, all of which are under the umbrella of blogs.
1. Start with the things that you love – Since these are the things that you love, you could write many things about them. You won’t have problems when posting because you know what to discuss about the topic. There could also be problems with this because there might not be enough people that are interested with the things that you love.
2. Check your market! – This is what I’m saying a while ago; If there are not enough people who are interested with your chosen niche, pick another topic to blog. For example, If you like to blog about “frog legs??? but upon doing your keyword research you find that only 30 people are interested, this makes “frog legs??? a very low paying keyword that wouldn’t make you money because there aren’t any advertisers. (Oh yea! I forgot about the restaurants! Maybe their interested on advertising about fried frog legs ;-)) Let’s have another, For example you like to talk about planets, you know every detail of every planets but there are no potential advertisers (NASA wouldn’t advertise! hehehe). Well, actually that goes to the next step.
3. Are there any advertisers? – Check for advertisers, of course you wouldn’t earn anything if there are no advertisers.
For starters, you could check Google. If your keyword has a potential, you can see a lot of advertisers on the right side of the search results page.
Also check for affiliates. You could try going to Clickbank or Commission Junction to check for affiliates that is related to your topic.
Post frequently and consistently
1. How frequently?! – I was debating with my self about this problem when I was starting this blog. I said to myself “How should I post? Should I write short posts but post 10-15 times a week or Just post a long post for about 4-5 times a week???? I have been researching and thinking to know what is right and what the best is, so I thought again “If I was a reader, what would I prefer???? the funny thing was I answered my question! “I prefer reading posts that are lengthy but have a great value, of course!???
After that I have realized that I am correct. Long and in-depth articles are better, first of all it gives more information to the reader (here’s the SECRET). If your posts are informative and worth reading most likely readers would gladly refer you. Just look at those popular blogs…
2. Be consistent – when posting, you should always be consistent, lad! Nobody likes a blog that has no post pattern; most likely your readers will be confused when to visit your site because they don’t know when is the time that you will post. This may cause to lost readers!
Ok, that’s enough for now. That’s just part one of the “How to make Money with you Blog??? multi-part season. Check us out again next time for more tips and tricks on how to make Blog Money!