This article is guest posted by Marko
If you are one of those bloggers “stuck” with 7 readers daily, I can really imagine that you were shocked when you saw the title saying that “increasing your feed count number is pretty easy!” Well, here is a fact for you. Generating more RSS subscribers is pretty easy (and fast) when you monetize your blog the right way! Through my blogging days I saw many bloggers crying for RSS readers without even monetizing their blogs the right way. So in order to stop this invasion I’ve made a list of methods, ALL bloggers should use to grow their feed readers. Don’t wait subscribers to “fall off” the sky… Build your list YOURSELF! So how do I build my list? Here’s how:
1. Use Full RSS Feed. Like I do, or any big blogger does use full feed RSS. The last thing I need is when I subscribe to receive 1/4 of the post. That makes me automatically a “unsubscriber” and I always hit the unsubscribe button. Don’t let this happen to you!
2. Ask your readers to subscribe. I usually do this at the bottom of every post I write and this really works sometimes.
3. Your RSS icon must be at a visible place. If a reader wants to subscribe to your feed don’t let him search your feed icon all across the blog. Instead of that place it at the top of your blog and let people subscribe to your feed easy.
4. Give your readers gifts. This by my opinion is the best method to get more subscribers. Tell them that you are giving away some kind of gifts and when they subscribe give MORE that you promised. This will keep them subscribed!
5. Be helpful! Like I said to Mr.Cow a good blogger does not make a big amount of traffic. A good blogger HELPS other bloggers. If you help a friend I bet he’ll subscribe as a reader.
6. Write good content. If one of your posts helps a blogger and after that he laughs on one of your jokes… “He’s your subscriber”!
7 . Give Awards! Go to entrecard and collect about 500 credits. Then write a post that you are giving away 500 credits and the only entry ticket is subscribing by email. The results: At LEAST 100 new subscribers to your feed count. And can you imagine if your blog receives a big amount of traffic. You may add something more than just 500 EC credits like 125×125 ads on your site…
8. Subscribe to other blogs. Go at another interesting blog and subscribe to the feed. Then post a comment to the owner saying that you like he’s blog and you want him to visit your blog. Who knows… Maybe you’ll be best friends some day ;)
9. Show off your feed count when it reaches at least 50. Yeah… I know it isn’t fair but people are so evil that they’ll not subscribe to your feed unless you have 50 subscribers. Lot of bloggers make this mistake – they show off their feed count when they have only a subscriber and they are stuck forever!
10.Subscribe to Carl Ocab’s feed! If you are a blogger or you are here to learn how to make money online – non subscribing is going to be the worst mistake you ever did!
So now all you need to do is to ask yourself:
- Do I use Full RSS Feed?
- Do I ask my readers to subscribe?
- Is mu RSS icon on a visible spot in my blog?
- Do I give my readers gifts? (more that I promised)
- Am I helpful?
- Do I write good content?
- Do I give awards?
- Do I subscribe to other blog feeds?
- Did I showed up my feed count when it was showing 1 subscriber?
- Did I subscribed to Carl Ocab’s Feed?
- IF NOT GO BACK AT THE TOP!