And oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I also sold feed advertisements. All this happened in just a simple tweak that took me only an hour to do. C’mon and find out how:
1. When You Have It, Flaunt It
I can say that this is the most important thing that I’ve done in my blog’s life (Well, up to now) Just when I made that “Big Sale” banner on the header, the next day I surprisingly received 1 banner advertiser and 2 review offers.
I also did it to my Text Link Ad description that sold out the ten text links that I have.
How cool is that?
2. Flaunt And Flaunt More!
And no, don’t think this as a bad idea. Well maybe some might think that you’re a too much show off, but heck, their just the “jealous” ones that don’t generate you ANY income at all!
How about if you take a look at my advertise page and look what I have to flaunt”
- carlocab.com is in the first page of Google in the keyword “make money online”
- carlocab.com has a pagerank of 4
- carlocab.com averages 300+ feed readers daily.
- carlocab.com is the top 2,000+ blog among 80 million according to technorati.com
- carlocab.com receives laser targeted traffic from search engines daily.
- carlocab.com is always up to date.
- a lot of advertisers enjoyed the traffic boost when they advertised on carlocab.com
1. Rankings – That took their eye and kept them reading, so show off your best at first.
2. Pagerank – If you got the 1, 2, 3’s and most importantly 0 don’t hesitate to be quite and not talk about it, telling the predicted pagerank will most likely ruin it more.
3. Feed readers – Pretty good for sponsored reviews. I’d suggest not telling this if you’re still in the 2 figs.
4. Technorati – Probably a good show off on how popular your blog is. But then again, technorati rankings can easily be gamed.
5. What kind of traffic – I’m on first page of Google for the keyword “make money online”, so I’m pretty sure that my traffic is laser targeted.
6. Is your blog still alive and updated – Of course, no one wants to advertise on a dead blog.
7. The finishing touch – Of course, include testimonials.
You can add anything you want here that you think is worth flaunting and would not ruin the advertisers point of view on your blog. Just put your feet on the advertisers shoes.
3. Clear Out Some Ads First
People who advertise on blogs mostly just wanna join the bandwagon. If your ads are almost full and you offer prices that they can afford, chances are they’ll advertise without even giving a thorough check on your blog’s statistics, etc.
4. Assign Limited Ads
This tip comes with that one on the top. It’s easier to sell something when it’s limited (So that’s why there are limited edition ipods!) By giving limits on how many the product can be, you give value to them.
After the limited ads are all sold out, offer another “limited” ads on some part of your blog.
5. Give Discounts
Discounts can be by means of multi-month and or, discounts on some special deals.
Multi-month discounts are discounts that you can give if someone orders advertising for more than one month, let’s just say an ad on your blog costs $50 and you give the incentive to sell it $80 for 2 months. Though it may depend if your blog is strongly growing and/or you want to be secure that all your advertisements will be sold.
Special discounts are useful if you want to clear out your all your advertising spots. It’s good to do this on holidays, maybe Christmas. I call this a “gimmick”
6. Be kind, and give private bonuses
I want my customers happy, if an advertiser didn’t reach what they expected in your blog, it would be nice if you give them private bonuses, meaning you give something from your heart and “help” the advertiser reach what they expected to get from your blog.
I know this wouldn’t attract other advertisers but there’s still a chance that that person will try your advertisement again and maybe give something in return of your kindness. Just don’t expect big things.
These tips are based on my experience on what I did the last month, I currently sold 10 text link in text link ads, 1 feed advertiser, 3 private banner deals and currently 8 sponsored reviews for this month.
The change I did only took me an hour and surprisingly gave my blog another milestone in earnings. You can’t just live on Adsense alone, I believe in multiple streams of income.