Post sponsored by Rui of Link Building
Million Dollar Wiki created a big buzz in the blogosphere lately, if you haven’t heard of it already, well Million Dollar Wiki is a “Wikipedia clone (almost)” but the difference is, you own the page for life and you can do whatever you want with it! Maybe plaster it with AdSense ads or affiliate links rather which is more effective or maybe just a link to your website.
Bloggers like Shoemoney and John Chow blogged about it and even bought a page for themselves! Rui Augusto of tolnetwork just took advantage of that and bought a page too. It’s currently top 49 on over 980 pages sold and currently featured in the frontpage of the site. What could be better than that? Well it’s his page, Link Building.
Thousands of bloggers today are scourging for links in the belief that it’ll make their blog more popular or maybe rank higher on search engines. Although that’s not the topic for today, so let’s just skip that.
What You Can Find In The Page
The page is not that monstrous at all, word count is approximately 800+ words, though I bet his page will be a good help for those Bloggers who want to learn some more SEO related stuff, like the differences of one way links, reciprocal links and three way links.
What I like about the page are his link building tips that most people got caught on like the first one: “Look for relevancy and not only PageRank.” Which is the common mistake of many SEO wannabes out there, here’s a snip from the page:
- Look for relevancy and not only PageRank.
- Use the keywords you want to promote as the anchor text, but vary the anchor text across different websites.
- Use Deep Linking, don’t link always to the homepage of the website.
- Do not exchange/buy sitewide-links on unrelated websites.
- Get links from websites with different pageranks and importance.
- Try to get links on pages with few outbound links and that your link be placed near the top of the page. .
- Get links from different IP networks.
- If your links are not permanent, and you buy links, try to keep them long enough to see results.
How He Makes Money
Well based on what I said above, he did plaster the page with AdSense and even affiliate text links, which is actually a smart move. Imagine a sale on Aaron Wall’s SEO book, you’d get $40 commissions for that, even a publisher that gets paid on Text Link Ads, you get $25. Not a bad investment for a $100 page?
The Good and The Bad
- The actual content is good, can hit you right in the face on some points.
- Affiliate links just at the end of the page was a smart move.
- How he determined the difference of one way, reciprocal and three-way links
- Lack of monetization, AdSense will certainly get low CTR in the header.
- The logo is way to cut off and cannot be read.
- 800+ is not that much, try adding more.
Getting a page on the million dollar wiki for $100 will be a good investment, especially because you’re not the one promoting the site itself. So it’s a risk, you may lose your $100 or not.
All in all the page was a good read. I suggest you read some of Rui’s tips just for sure you don’t do those mistakes again. Again visit Rui’s Link Building page in the Million Dollar Wiki.