Getting poor numbers of feed subscribers lately? Want to change that numbers and make it to the top? Well, no prob! Don’t worry many bloggers have the same problem too, but we don’t want that to happen to us. So, if you want to get the number of your subscribers to increase, don’t hesitate to read on because I will be giving out some killer techniques today to get MORE feed subscribers.
- Choose an attractive chicklet – An image can attract like people’s eyes like a magnet. So promoting your feed with a good and large chicklet would be a good choice!
- Full Feeds – Yes, full feeds. I have tried this, having a full feed for a week. And yes! I have doubled my number of subscribers, just then. But, it has a pretty bad effect also. My unique visitors go down then. The thing is, it’s really up to you, if you want full or partial. But not me, I’m sticking with partial because I still don’t have feed advertisers
- Make it always visible – many bloggers only put there feed on one place, like on top of their header, below the footer, in their sidebar, etc.. and that’s not right! You should try putting it in many places but try not to make it annoying. Have you seen a blog that says this line after their every post “if you like the post, don’t forget to subscribe!??? Well, that’s good! Yea, good, it’s a good way of promoting your feed.
Ok, now you have subscribers but how could you be sure that your subscribers are reading your feed?! Hehehehehe, that’s the problem! All you have to do now is make them read your feed! Ask again, how?!
RSS turns out to be important for us to connect with our readers. But due to the fact that there are loads of great blogs now that people could subscribe on, many have not been recognized on people’s feed readers.
Now, we don’t want that, don’t we? Your blog’s feed shouldn’t deserve that attitude from your subscribers! So, all we have to do is to stand-out. Yes, but how?! One way of doing so is using images. You could also try putting videos and using attractive headlines.
- Use Images – “An image is worth a thousand words??? that’s most people say, which is true! Images are worth a thousand words, so putting images on your posts will attract your feed readers to read your feed! A picture can easily catch someone’s eyes. It can attract them like a magnet. Let’s have “dosh dosh??? for example. As you can see, he is always putting an anime image on his every post, which is a good technique. He uses images which are attractive and eye catching resulting for an attractive feed.
- Videos Are Fine – Videos are also like images, they can attract too. Well, most of them because some feed readers/aggregators don’t allow videos. But to be sure, try putting an image with a video on it
- Magnetic headlines – This is the best way to attract your subscribers to read your feed. Well, due to the fact that most readers judge the article by its cover, headlines that is! So, make attractive headlines. Make them eye catching, make them magnetic, make them attractive.
You think you’ve got everything done, aren’t you? Hahahahaha, not yet! You have subscribers, their reading your feed, but are they going to your blog? Tsk, that’s a big problem if you want to monetize your blog. You can’t monetize those readers when you don’t get them to visit your blog. Yes, you can earn from the feed advertisements but that’s diminutive! Ok, so now, here are some tips to make them go to your blog.
- Link to your other posts – Linking to other posts may invite your feed readers to click and visit your blog, but just be sure to have a feed with html. A good example for this is Darren Rowse’s Problogger. He interlinks his posts a lot! But be sure to link relevant posts to get higher chance of clicks.
- Promote blog comment’s – If you are using feedburner, then you might have seen the feedflare options where you can add and remove things. Try adding the number of comments to your feed because this encourages your feed readers to go to your blog and also comment. That is, if you have a huge number of comments to a certain post.
- Related posts in your feeds – If you are using WordPress, Try using this plug-in to put related post to your feed. Well, this is a good way of promoting the other posts of your blog. It just adds a related posts list similar to the related post plugin, but it’s in the feed. This only works on Full text Feeds.