This article is sponsored by WPReviewSite and posted by Charles Lau.
Have you ever wanted a review site that you can generate affiliate commissions? Well, I found this reviewee having a plug-in that can power up a WordPress to become a 5-star review website! But what does that mean to you? Let’s find out here.
Here’s a video review of this plug-in
Typically, a website helps to educate the public about a certain information that they would like to know about. This information is usually from the web owner who is either an expert in it, or have the interest to research on it to build the website contents. And these contents can come in different kinds of landing pages. One of the common landing pages is to display reviews to the visitors. That’s not all! It’s because writing reviews can be in different formats.
- It can be in the blog format (in chronological order),
- it can be in article format (categorized by different sections),
- it can be in news format (also in chronological format, but in a much more formal way)
- and many others!
And for any people (both IT beginners and IT experts) to start a review site, they will most likely think of starting a blog because it’s easy to start with and it can look really professional. And the problem with blogs is that it is usually not product-oriented, but date-oriented instead. Hence, many people may actually pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to format the blog theme in such a way that it is easier for the visitors to understand.
That’s not the way to go! WPReviewSite has come to the rescue!
Introduction to WPReviewSite
With the introduction of free WordPress, many fantastic looking blogs have risen with their own domain names. And because the basic usage of WordPress is free while the security and stability of the codes are being taken care of, it is hard to reject such a good software to start a website!
WPReviewSite, a plug-in for the WordPress, actually powers up the blog engine (which is the WordPress) to become a review engine easily. It turns both your new and existing websites into review sites almost instantly. In other words, it basically enhances your Web 2.0 functionality in your website because your commentators get to give their own ratings too!
Features of WPReviewSite
Basically, the website has stated all the WordPress Review Site features. However, I rephrased them in a shorter way for the completeness of my Internet review of this great product.
- Install 5-star ratings to your comment forms: Your commentators can now give their ratings on top of their comments. Basically, you get to hear a Web 2.0 discussion about the topic that the review is discussing.
- Flexible display options: You can have full control of displaying the 5-star ratings anywhere you like in the website; in horizontal or vertical format, or even within a table or list based markup!
- Sort your review posts according to ratings: You don’t have to be bound by the blog restriction that you can only display in chronological order. The posts are sorted by the weightage of the ratings which take into many considerations of which rating should weigh higher using the “advanced bayesian weighting formula”.
- Add 5-star ratings feature to whichever posts you like: Taking into consideration that some posts may not need ratings, this plug-in is flexible to allow you to add this feature to all posts or only certain posts/pages/categories.
- Ratings Widgets for your sidebar: There are two formats of the ratings widgets for your usage to show an overview of either the recent reviews, or the top-rated reviews on the sidebar of the website.
- Code Integrity with WordPress: This plug-in is written and maintained by a professional software developer, which does not change any core WordPress files or database tables. Hence, it doesn’t break the blog when you activate or deactivate this plug-in.
3 reasons why this plug-in should be used in your WordPress blog
As I was trying the plug-in myself, I thought it will be good for me to find some reasons why this plug-in should be used.
- You have a blog which talks about a certain industry: This should be a very good reason why you should use, because you should have a wide range of products or services to talk about. You can be having individual review posts to talk about certain products of how you feel.
- You want to start a review niche site: This is very obvious that you can work out on your reviews on the few products that you think are good in the industry that you can recommend. It is always best if you have tried them yourself before talking about them in your site.
- You have great interest in the market: If you are like me who has an extra interest in mobile phone software, you probably can start a website which talks about mobile phone software. This is a great niche to play with while having fun with your hobby!
How much does it cost?
With the introductory price of $97, you will get to purchase this plug-in together with the following bonuses:
- You will get a premium wordpress theme which uses the WPReviewSite plug-in.
- You will also get a WordPress Affiliate Link Management where you can create a call-to-action affiliate link in every post or page that you write, and you can also have certain keywords in your blog to be linked automatically to your affiliated sites.
More upgrades available
Of course, $97 is only for a single site licence. You will be prompted for even better deals when you buy WPReviewSite. They have even more premium themes for you, allowing you as a blogger to put in your own 5-star rating as well, and also allowing you to choose a licence according to your site needs.
I have reviewed this plug-in myself. You have seen me trying it out in the video review. The reviewee is nice enough to let me try it out for my review. In fact, I am going to take one copy of it myself too because I can see the value in it for me as an Internet reviewer. For this plug-in, I will give a 5 Star Rating. It’s a very fine piece of software indeed!
Charles is an internet reviewer, focusing himself on writing reviews on the online materials. He focuses on doing browsing reviews using video, and finishes off his review in his own words about it. He can be found at Charles Lau dot Com