If you are a regular reader of this blog, you may be seeing some changes in my ad placements. Here’s the good news: I just QUADRUPLED my CTR. Yes, that’s right, quadrupled.
Ok, want to know the secret? No problem! I’ll tell you the factors that I have seen that quadrupled my CTR.
- 160 x 600 Sky Scraper banner – Yes, most of my clicks came from that ad on the sidebar.
- Changed the colors – I have been testing on some colors, which works best, and which doesn’t. And as I have observed, the colors that blends the theme works best.
- Image ads don’t work – I have tried it, but failed. Not working for me.
- Colors beside the ads – You can see that my ads after the single posts page have 4 different colors that may attract the eyes of the readers (I got this from Joel Comm)
- The bigger the better – Yes, The bigger the ad format is, the higher the CTR that you would get. But don’t push it too much if your theme doesn’t fit with it.
That’s just the factors that I have observed. Always remember that don’t be afraid of testing new ad placements and new ad formats.