This article is sponsored by CBengine and posted by Charles Lau.
ClickBank has been around since 1998, and is one of the leading ecommerce systems in promoting digital products on the web. Over the years, there are thousands of digital products published in ClickBank marketplace, with commissions up to 75%. It has created such a phenomenon online that many people can actually make a living out of it. The system around ClickBank has been really fantastic – From the server’s software service to the human’s personal service, they make the whole transaction really smooth till the money is paid to both the affiliates and vendors on time. Vendors can depend on ClickBank to pay their affiliates without any hassle on their part. And as of now of my writing, they have already hit 1.27 billion US dollars of client earnings to be paid out!
In today’s review, I am going to introduce CBengine.com. It has no association with ClickBank, but it is a ClickBank extension of identifying the profitable products in the ClickBank marketplace. It’s currently one of the most popular Clickbank sites online where thousands of CB affiliates use it for their Clickbank promotions. Do continue to read on and you will understand what I mean in this review.
Before you continue, here’s a video review of what CBengine has to offer.
Only basic statistics are shown at ClickBank website
While ClickBank’s service is at the tip top condition, they have not done even more to produce product statistics that the affiliates want to know about. ClickBank has a formula to calculate the different ranking factors of each product to determine their ranking in the product listing. Basically, the ranking factors are showing the average scores of each product. Hence, the affiliates have to determine their decision of choosing which product to market based on the few basic factors.
Based on the few basic factors, it can be really consuming to look for a profitable high quality product that converts well. You need a set of more advanced factors that can help you determine how the product has been faring so far. That’s where CBengine.com comes in with a ClickBank solution.
Affiliates need to see track records
Basically, CBengine simply keep a track record of the basic factors in Click Bank. And with the numbers at hand, they can generate different interesting statistics that are really useful for the affiliates to do their research more effectively before investing their time and money in the potential products.
For example, CBengine actually plots a graph to show how the product is faring over a period of time. This is really useful for the affiliates as they will start to understand whether the product is getting its market acceptance and hence they can plan their affiliate marketing strategy accordingly. For a product which has an increasing market acceptance, it really means that your marketing effort could be minimum since there is an increasing noise out there talking about it. And for a product which has little or no sale, it may mean that the market is not there yet and hence you have to put in more effort to presell to your visitors before they are convinced of the product’s existence.
Moreover, it takes several years to create such track records. This is where CBengine reigns because they have been around for quite some time.
How CBengine lists their products
There are basically two ways to look at the products listings in CBengine website.
1) On the left navigation, you will see a “Find Products” section.
I want to highlight 8 links specifically where you will be able to perform the following specific tasks:
- New Products: You will see one whole list of new products on the ClickBank marketplace.
- Re-Listed: These are the products which have been re-listed due to one reason or another.
- Removed: CBengine also shows us a list of removed products. These products does not mean they are discontinued. You can verify by going to the actual product website to find out.
- CB Insider: This is where CBengine will pinpoint which products have hidden opportunities. This is extremely useful if you just want to get some recommendations of product to market.
- Best Gains: This list shows the products with the highest gravity, momentum, ranking change, Payout averages and more.
- Recurring $: You can find a list of products with recurring commissions.
- Browse All: You will see a similar kind of product listing as in ClickBank , except that they are showing slightly different statistics. I would think that the statistics over at CBengine is much more useful as it has rank change and momentum to show me how the products are generally faring.
- Category List: You will see many products are listed in the different categories determined in ClickBank marketplace. This should give you a rough idea where the Internet market is focusing more towards.
2) And on the right navigation, you will see another “Find Products” section. This is a search engine where you can find very specific products according to your keywords and search criteria.
I wish to highlight 6 most important things in the search criteria when doing your research.
- Categories: Choose the Top categories and Sub categories which you think is suitable for your product search.
- Ranking: Choose only the Top few ranking if you want to market only profitable products.
- Keywords: Needless to say, put in the keyword relevant to your niche.
- Look In: This is where you want to search your keywords in. For example, you wish to search by the body text and/or title, or even the clickbank id.
- Commissions: This is a sum of money where you are targeting to make for every sale.
- Custom: Or you can choose a certain custom fields to configure against.
How CBengine displays the details of a certain product
Something interesting over here is that we get to see product landing pages, where you will not be able to find it at the actual ClickBank website.
On the product landing page, you will see the following fields which I want to highlight:
- Vendor ID
- Refund rate
- $ earned per sale
- Product price
- Product first seen on certain date
- Listed in the various categories
On the same landing page, they have a link called “Payout” which shows graphs of the payout stats such as the following:
Earned Per Sale (USD)
Earned Per Sale (%)
The above is only one option of “payout” to show the various graphs. And if you want to see more graphs, simply click on the “Graphs” link to see the following other options listed for you to do your research as well:
- Ranking Change
I have a strong feeling that after you have seen the graphs, you should have a very good idea of marketing which product to make online commissions. :)
Some of the additional “useful” tools within
Not only is CBengine having years of product data history, they also have the following tools that you can make use of:
- bookmark system which we can save and organize ClickBank product names and other information for our review
- CB Vendors where you can see a list of clickbank ids owning which products
- CB Statistics where you can see a summary of numbers such as the total number of categories, listings in certain categories, listing of all categories, new products, and more
- Commissions where you can list all the products of that certain amount of commission rates
- RSS Feeds of the ClickBank products
- CB Storefront where you can set up on your own website easily
The above are only a few main ones that I wish to highlight. There are a few more parameters within that you can find out more!
Affiliate marketers use CBengine to find the top ClickBank Marketplace products to promote. Whether you’re just starting out with affiliate marketing, or a “seasoned pro”, CBengine is a great tool to have at your disposal.
There are a lot of techniques that you can do it yourself to look for profitable Clickbank products. However, it may take up a lot of your time to find lucrative Clickbank products. This is where CBengine comes in to assist in your product research. It saves a ton of your time!
Who is suitable to use CBengine? For those of you who are clueless which product to market, CBengine should be able to help. It may be a little more advanced than just a mere listing of products. However, once you understand the gist of how ClickBank works, CBengine will become a useful tool to work with.