This article is guest posted by Publishers Weblog.
So you want your article to get digged and stumble upon’d as often as you can. What can you do to help things along the way? What can you do to give you an edge in the market niche of your blog/site that will beat your competitors? Here are a few tips I call the, ‘Money Makers’!
- Write a top list! – All diggers, if you have noticed at all, will always go for a top list type structured article to dig. The simple reason being is, people love to know what is the norm in that category and what are the lists that you can make. When ever I read a top 5 or a top 10 list, I always am intrigued enough to investigate and even digg the article if its worthy. One of the best things you can always do is write up a top list. Things like, ‘Ten Ways to Tell Your Country Is In a Recession’ or ‘Top Ten Ways to Mint Money’, these will be a hit with the social media.
- Blog On Topic – Always blog current and on topic. I remmmeber about 20 – 30 articles on iPhone hit the tops in Digg on a daily basis. It was not just surprising, it was shocking that they were doing so well even when the iPhone was not released. As it turns out, diggers love Apple products, its a hot favorite to them. Always blog about current situations about people and their life style or lives to gain media attention.
- Provocative Blogging – Make an image, video or a blog post which is provocative, something absolutely outrageous, stumble upon people simple cannot get enough of this type of media, especially video based media. When it comes down to images and blog posts diggers simply love provocative imagery or postings which make them think, this guy is making too much sense or this needs digging! Do NOT be over provocative, do NOT go around being a jackass, social media people will run away faster than ricochet rabbit if you ever do this! Bury button is not that far away for them!
- Reduce Advertisements – Social media users can smell a fishy post a mile away, you can pay 100 diggers to digg through a blog post so that you hit the BIG time but for things to get popular, you have to reduce advertisements as having too much ads simply attracts the wrong kind of attention. Reduces your credibility as a writer and makes you look like a weak money based blogger. Keep away from excessive advertisements!
- Spell Check! – Most important of all those points, please spell check your blog posts, people hate going through your blogging and finding gramatical mistakes which lead to readers being annoyed and dumping you for someone else. Just a single spell check should suffice.
- Self Submit – Never self submit! Submitting your own article seems to be the latest trend for amateur publishers, do not do that! That will juat make things harder for you, if you want the article to get digged or stumbled. If the article is good enough then you will get automatically submitted and social media will accept you on the spot.
- Write Back – These social media users, love a write up about how or what you did to get digged or stumbled. They also will stay on to keep reading your blog posts from time to time. Do a follow up on your blog post and how amazing your server was to sustain getting front page digged or stumbled. People love that.
- Show Statistics – Social media users simply love numbers. I remmember a top blogger, John Chow, he writes his income at the end of the month which is usually something around 20,000 to 30,000 USD. This is something you should be doing, having a big number like that attract users to your website. Make that a selling point for your visitors to come back for. John Chow eventually got banned from digg because the articles of his income just got digged way too often enough for it to look suspicious as if it was rigged or something.
I hope these tips help you get your new article into the books of some of the greatest traffic websites of our time. Let us see where the internet marketing genre takes us, as time goes on. Please visit my blog for further information and blog posts from me.