How Much Does Web Design Cost in the Philippines This 2018?
Perhaps you’ll agree when we say that finding an agency offering affordable web design can be a real HEADACHE.
By affordable, we mean getting a website design that GETS RESULTS even ON A BUDGET. Web design cost can easily get pricey and many businesses shy away from spending too much.
If your business is based in the Philippines, you no longer have to look elsewhere to find aid for your web design needs. If your business is in a different country, then shoo your worries away because with the right agency, you will get a web design that is far cheaper than other regions–with the same (or even better!) quality.
Below is a chart showing how much a regular portfolio/company website costs in the Philippines:
Yes, there’s a but: It isn’t right to pick just any web design agency here since not all cheap prices can get you a professionally designed website.
Luckily, you’ve come to the right page as we’ll be guiding you when choosing an affordable web design in the Philippines. Below are the topics we’ll be discussing:
- What Are the Factors Affecting Web Design Prices?
- Pros & Cons of Freelancers, In-House, and Web Design Companies
- What to Look For in a Web Design Company in the Philippines
- What’s the Difference Between Cheap and Expensive Web Design Companies?
- What Makes an Affordable Web Design?
So, let’s get started?
What Are the Factors Affecting Web Design Prices?
1.Site’s Size – Since every page takes time to design and develop, a site with a hundred pages will need higher web design pricing than a site with 10 pages. In such case, website development pricing is heavily based on the number of pages you have.
2. Style – Some web design companies spend little time on the look of a site — some even use pre-designed templates. Design by award-winning artists means you will get a well-thought out and unique appearance for every page. The overall quality is still up to you, and the quality you choose will impact your web design pricing.
3. Usability and UX Design – If you really want to accomplish something with your website like brand awareness and lead generation, you have to focus not only on your website’s aesthetics. You have to make sure your website’s design is also optimized for usability (of how easy it is to use your website) and user experience (of how actual users enjoy interacting with your website).
4. Coding Structure – Mobile friendliness (website’s ability to work for mobile users like how it works for the desktop users), page load time (average amount of time it takes for a page to show up on screens), and the site’s longevity (a website’s capacity to load despite its age) are yet another factors to be considered when designing and developing a website. If you want all these to be weighed, then your web design package price will range.
5. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – A successful site is one that actually gets seen by your target audience. Without being visible, your site, although designed beautifully with engaging copy, will be useless to your business. SEO is the key to getting your site visible by your target audience. Your web design pricing will depend on your SEO goals, including how many keywords you’d like to use in your site to rank in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
Some other determining factors for web design pricing are those extra features that can be added to your website design package like E-commerce, and CMS or Content Management System (an application used to upload, edit, and manage content displayed on a website). Depending on the extent of your needs, your web design pricing will change. You can also check out Forbes’ article on how to determine your 2018 website design budget.
Pros & Cons of Freelancers, In-House, and Web Design Companies
People may have already recognized the value of having a website yet there are quite a few individuals who are not that particular with whom they have to run to once they’ve decided to put up a business website. Business people, especially those who are not well-versed with technology, are possibly too busy to study and/or create a web design on their own. If you’re one of them, know that there are basically three options available for you:
- Hiring a Freelancer
- Doing it In-House
- Hiring a Web Design Company
But before you choose to hire one, it’s important to weigh their pros and cons to identify what best suits your needs for a professionally designed website.
1. Freelance Web Designers
Businesses often approach a freelancer, typically someone they know or referred to them. You can also find freelancers on websites such as Upwork and Freelancer PH.
Schedule Flexibility – Clients can easily tap freelancers as they tend to accept more projects. They have an ample amount of time to work on deals (that is if they can manage their time well, especially if they have numerous clients for a certain period).
Affordability – Freelancer often works alone and clients only need to pay him solely.
Personal Distractions – This is usually the biggest challenge for freelancers. Since they work on their own pace, it is nothing but easy to get distracted and procrastinate.
Inconsistency and Commitment Issues – Again, freelancers are fond of accepting numerous projects. And when time doesn’t allow them to perform multiple works, they are likely to prioritize a client who pays better than you do. Worse than suffering from an undesirable output is expecting an output and receiving nothing at all.
Support – As mentioned earlier, freelancers usually work alone. In case you need any urgent support and they are unavailable for any reason, you are stuck.
2. In-House Web Designers
In-house designers typically refer to designers hired by companies to design specifically for their business alone.
Communication – Face-to-face conversation can offer more engagement between staffs working on the same project. This is certainly vital in propelling progress and can help create new strength leading to bigger ideas.
Total Control – Since it’s in-house, the upper department and/ or the whole organization have the total control of whether or not the staffs are able to perform their tasks. More than that, confidential information is likely to be kept. Business may require the in-house to sign a non-compete contract so they can prevent staffs from taking ideas as they decide to leave the company.
Range of Time – Getting an in-house department means you need to advertise, interview, hire and also provide training to your personnel. All these procedures can be time-consuming and costly before you find the right staff for your department.
Quality – Output quality can easily be compromised as finding quality talents can be tough. Chances are web design is not the expertise of companies that hire in-house staffs. Having said that, they may not be able to choose the right people for the position. Moreover, most of the top talents may already be employed by web design companies.
Cost – Hiring an in-house staff implies the need to manage payment including vacation, sick leave, and the inevitable raise. More than that, if works aren’t really of great quality, chances are you have to hire yet another staff or outsource web designer companies instead. In this case, the cost only doubles.
3. Web Design Company
A web design company is usually a team of full-time individuals with refined expertise on web designing.
Expertise – Web design companies are generally capable of recruiting experts with deeper experience. Since they are working in their specialized field, they have a wider knowledge of the subject/s which will greatly benefit the quality of your project.
Excellent Project Management – Outsourcing projects guarantees that there are no unscheduled stops like vacation breaks, sickness or scrambling for a replacement on long service leave.
Support – With a full-fledged website design company, you are assured of at least basic support at any point in time.
Cost – Getting an experienced company seems expensive at first, considering all the web design packages and prices laid before and during contract agreement. Various businesses neither realize initially the value of hiring a web design company nor do they see what damages a poorly-constructed (often made by inexpert designers) may cause their business. There is no reason for taking such risks when professional website creation is cost-effective and easily available from website design companies. As time allows it, they would momentarily recognize the benefits it will do for their business.
What to Look For in a Web Design Company in the Philippines
1. Contract – Securing a contract could be the most crucial part of every business. This written document aims to protect the needs of the client and the web design company. It outlines the full understanding of the business relationship and scope of the work so there would be no misunderstandings from any party down the road.
2. Registration and License – Before you sign a business deal, it is important to consider if the company you’ll be doing business with operates securely and legally. A registered business name implies that a certain business is protected and more credible.
3. Excellent Reputation – Do some research for you to know if a company sets a good reputation towards their business. The first thing you need to do is to check it by its name on Google. Google will show the results about that company, both negative and positive. Don’t forget to check the company’s official site, too. Check online reviews, especially client testimonials.
4. Transparency – For every service offered, transparency matters. As a client, you’ll know that a web design company is transparent if it discloses full, accurate, and timely information about the project collaboration. All its terms and measures should be fair and clear from the very start, ensuring that it doesn’t have any hidden agendas and condition.
5. Reasonable Prices – You’ll know it’s a reasonable price from a web design company once you see the result. Unfortunately, you can’t simply pull out your payment upon realizing that a company’s output for your project is not worth your investment. Nevertheless, what you can do instead is rely on the projects that certain web design company has previously worked on. Let them discuss projects (ideally similar to the project you’ll be needing their help with) they’ve handled before, the time frame they needed, and the results they created. To be more sure, you can also ask directly their clients; in this way, you’ll be able to check their background thus making you decide if you’ll push through with the partnership.
What’s the Difference Between Cheap and Expensive Web Design Companies?
Perhaps you’re wondering why some businesses pay tens of thousand pesos for a web design when other businesses only pay thousands. Is there much difference between the two? What does an expensive web design look like compared to the cheap one?
As you know, affordable isn’t always the cheapest but it is the best way to go (if the web design company really is as affordable as they advertise). So what should you expect? What does affordable really mean? And for that matter, what does cheap and expensive mean when it comes to web designs?
Expensive Web Designs
To begin with, an agency’s brand is one factor. There are agencies who are selective to whom they would work with the reason why they charge expensively. A web design company that is careful with choosing clients are likely to provide a quality service.
If you try to look at it closely, they can take any customer they want to so they can keep their business going yet they consider filtering their clients. Why? Because what they need is a long – term collaboration. Customers who are serious with their businesses and who value enough their marketing are their picks.
As a consumer, you might assume that if you were to spend tens of thousands of pesos on a web design, then you would get everything you would ever need. But to tell you, that’s not always the case. For any type of web design service, it’s only either of the two – you’ll get a responsive website or you’ll discover you’re not generating sales at all.
The money you invest into your web design needs to correspond to the work the web designer is providing you. This simply means that you need to get amazing results from your website – the usability of your website should be meaningful and the content must be compelling.
Availing an expensive web design service doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be getting a service that matches the price you actually pay. That’s why it is only crucial to do background check of a certain web designer you’re eyeing to hire for your business.
Cheap Web Designs
As a small business owner, a business that can provide you with a web design for only a couple of thousand pesos sounds like a wonderful idea, right?
However, hiring a cheap web design company can only waste that thousand pesos of yours! Most cheap web designs appear to be cheap since they initially limit their offers. Eventually, they will offer add ons so they can charge you more.
When your website crashes or you can’t update the content, or you have no ongoing support, or your friends, leads or customers can’t find you on the web, that’s when you know you have wasted your money!
The cost of cheap website may seem more appealing, to begin with, until you realize that it doesn’t bring in sales. For that matter, you’ll have to spend more money for a web redesign.
What Makes an Affordable Web Design?
You need to compare web businesses to see which affordable web design company in Philippines or elsewhere provides the best value. Once you’ve looked at the price, you should be looking at which company offers:
- the best quality (request sample of their previous works)
- the most amount of useful features for your business
- no hidden fees
- the ability to change/ expand your website for no extra cost
- a durable, proven CMS (Even though we work on different CMS, our CMS of choice is WordPress)
- the ability to integrate email marketing
- rooted analytics
Some businesses that class themselves as affordable web design actually have hidden fees and use ‘add-ons’ to attract clients. For example, they say that they can design 10 website pages, set up analytics, the functionality for a two-level menu option and a CMS.
The price is great and you think there’s nothing else you could possibly need. However,you’ll realize a few things after you buy this. You will start getting into your website and you will need another page added. You want another menu level or you feel the need to change the heading banner image. All these are chargeable expenses to that affordable web design business you bought the services from.
You don’t want to get stuck in a trap where you need to pay so much money for a web design, right? Continually paying for the design every time you want to update or change something is too costly. Many small businesses fall for this mistake!
And so, consider asking the following question s before hiring a web design company:
- How long will it take to get my website up and live?
- After web development, how much are the on-goings?
- Do you charge extra if I need to change anything on my website?
- Do you provide ongoing support?
- How extensive is the CMS?
- Will it really generate business and be found in search engines?
- How much to redesign if needed?
- How much is the web hosting?
- Do I have to pay for new functionality and upgrades?
Affordable web design is the most effective medium for a small and medium-sized business. It doesn’t only provide you with a reasonable cost; it also gives you enough functionality to do what you like to your website.
All in all, the difference has to do with the quality, the price, and the service provided. Always remember that an affordable web design will help your business get online in the most effective and efficient way, and will ultimately get you tons of traffic so you can make you more money.
Get a Website That Converts
At Carl Ocab, we’re a firm believer that beauty and purpose must go hand in hand. What’s the use gorgeous design anyway if you can’t convert those web visitors into customers? That’s the reason why we don’t settle for anything less than brilliant designs with impressive functionality which typically surpass our clients’ expectations.
As a promising web design and development company in the Philippines, Carl Ocab Digital Marketing Services takes the hassle out of designing, building and maintaining websites. We have worked for clients of all sorts, locally and internationally! Whatever your digital requirements are, we deliver customized solutions to match your needs just perfectly!
We are a full-service internet marketing agency that comes with years of proven experience. Led by Carl (formerly the 13-year old kidblogger), our company houses a certified team of professionals with expertise in delineating, establishing and executing objectives.
Discover how we surpass your expectations and enhance your online presence! We find pride in executing principled practices by taking intelligent decisions based on data, insights, and analytics that help us bring guaranteed results!