One of the trends that marketers have been doing for years now is content marketing. We may think that this strategy is new, but no, it has been with us and have been used for many years. So what is content marketing?
Content marketing is a marketing strategy technique directed to the creation and distribution of highly valuable and relevant content that can attract a targeted audience and retain that audience. Basically, the purpose of content marketing is to provide information that can persuade customers to buy your products or avail your services. But how exactly does it work? What are the things you must keep in mind to be successful?
Here are 5 points to bear in mind for content marketing success.
1. Use These Popular Types of Content
The first point to consider is to learn the types of content, actually, there are numerous types, you don’t necessarily need to try them all since different content types suit different brands in different ways. But for your learning and understanding here are some of the most commonly used types of content.
- Infographics – Its name sums it all up. You present certain information or data in a visual manner. Infographics are used to quickly communicate messages, to simplify large amounts of data, to draw out patterns and relationships, and to monitor changes over time. Check out CreativeBloq’s infographics compilation for ideas.
- Meme – A meme is a growing internet trend that pairs an image with a catch phrase to create humor. It may also include GIFs and videos. Marketers attach brand messages to memes making it easier for audiences to remember and relate to the brand.
- Videos – videos are a great way of giving information and the same time it’s great with social media. Uploading a video in youtube or facebook can gather many audiences. You can upload different kinds of videos such as vlogs, explainer videos, presentations, and interviews.
- Product/Service review – Product reviews can help you build authority in your industry. Every industry has numerous kinds of products and making a review will enable you to engage with key developers and service providers.
- Link pages – A link page is a post that provides links to great resources around the web. It’s great in providing your own site with authoritative SEO signals, and asserting your thoughts within your industry.
There are still many different types of content I suggest you learn them all so you can utilize it based on your needs.
2. Learn How to Target Your Audience
The second point is to know your targeted audience, before even starting to create a content make sure that you know your audience as much as you know your brand. You will base a portion of your content on the needs and the wants of the audience, that is what sells products.
A key in sales is knowing what your customer needs more than what he believes he needs. Learn your audience’s interests and preferences, remember that your targeted audiences are your prospect buyers. So how will you determine your targeted audience? Simple, create an audience persona, this is an imaginary profile for your buyers. Aside from the interests and preferences, age, gender, language, income bracket, and social values would also matter.
3. Be Meticulous on the Content You Put
The third point is to analyze exactly what you put in the content. Your content should be able to answer any question that a customer might think of. Information is good, but a story would be better, so don’t just include details about your products, self-reference would be counterproductive, rather impress them through compelling stories that illustrate the benefits your business has to offer, people will be more attracted to view your content if it’s creative and exciting. You should also include visual aids in your content. Pictures and videos are some of the most effective types of content. Not only will this help you attract audiences it will also increase your SEO authority.
Now you know the types, the audience, and the content, would that be enough? Of course not. A great content is nothing without a great marketing strategy. So the 4th and 5th point is all about the marketing strategy and the relationship you need to build with your audience.
4. The Marketing Strategy
The fourth point is the basic internet marketing strategy. Here you have to consider the schedule, the team, and the allotted budget. You have to create a marketing plan. Follow marketing schedule, this will enable you to be consistent with your marketing plan. You should also have a management team that can create, monitor, and distribute content. A team that can handle the SEO, manage social media and email marketing, advertise, and target an audience. These will help you distribute your content and will allow you to expand the reach of your brand. More audience, more authority, more sales.
5. Consistency Is Key
The fifth point would be maintenance. One great content and that is marketed very well is never enough. If you really want to sell your product you must consistently make great content and market it in a strategic manner. Go beyond the basics and don’t rely too much on direct promotion. Build relationships and be authentic in online interactions this will allow you to maintain your customers. Having loyal customers means making money without even selling, so make sure that you retain your old customers and constantly seek for new ones.
No. 5 is a MUST as well as the other ones. But this hits a particular nerve for me. Developing relationships rater than straight out promotion is a long tern goal that all Marketers should strive for.
People have the “I want it yesterday” mentality and often sacrifice quality with well lack of quality.
Build your Content and Brand by providing Content that will engage people and eventually do the job of attracting Customers :)