GASP! It’s been a while since I last did this huge list thing, hope I still got the Kidblogger in me. I’m getting old!
But this was rather late to say the least. I was supposed to post this the other week but got loads of stuff got in the way. Still, I’m quite happy to finish writing this BIG article so I hope you like it.
ALERT! Disclaimers below…
First disclaimer, some ideas just happen to pop out my head so you might find them a bit “rad”.
Second disclaimer, some tactics are so bad ass and effective, people “just happen” to not like them ;-)
Third disclaimer, I’m not gonna talk about submitting to web directories, press releases and all those rehashed stuff. I’m not saying that they don’t work, I’m saying that it has talked about a lot of times before.
Other than that, I’m pretty sure you’ll like it…
Do The Link Bait
To bloggers, this is a household name. To others, it might sound weird. So…
What the heck is link baiting anyway?
Tons of people tried to explain link baiting in long articles that go on and on. I’ll be frank, I can’t read long articles that don’t talk about big trucks, some mighty cool weird facts and chicks.
So let’s keep it simple – link baiting is simply “something” (article, tool, picture, anything) that make people want to link to you.
Here are some goodies you can do…
1. Make a list – No need to explain, examples will tell ya: 50 most important people on the web, 100 best movie lines, 69 ways to build backlinks ;-)
2. Perform studies – There’s a stats junkie inside of almost every people – wanting to know every new website linking to you, conversion rates of certain colors, how people look at a webpage and all sorts of stuff. But hey, it’s solid content and damn interesting.
3. Make graphs that are hard to understand – Just something that might help you with #2 up there. Can’t help myself to include this. OCD? Nah… complicated = good (at some point). Ok seriously though, when you perform studies, presentation matters. Churn out spiffy graphs that’ll help you explain what you found out.
4. Expose a scammer – Works all the time. Heck, anything with the word “expose” in it will be a link magnet! (hint: controversy) But be careful, you have to back up yourself on this one. You need SOLID proof.
5. Quizzes and tests – “Mark completed the quiz ‘Are You Awesome?’ with the result AWESOME!.” Sounds familiar? Yep, Facebook! And it’s popping every minute! Why do you think the IQ test industry is so big?
6. Show off – $100,000 Adsense check, $40,000/month via blogging – what do they have in common? They Flaunt, they show off BUT how do they get away with it? (this one is stolen from NLP) They portray the “reluctant hero” story line – “I’m just an ordinary guy, I don’t want this attention, but people keep asking me so…”
Try Google’s Web 2.0 Favorites
The idea is simple, you make these “midget blogs”, slap an article on it with a link back to your site, publish it and forget about it.
You can do this by using your own domain, hosting them in different IP’s and stuff BUT that would need some upfront cash. So instead of buying hundreds of domains and paying a monthly bill on hosting, you can slap those articles on these free “midget blog” sites.
7. Squidoo – Probably my favorite of all the “midget blogs” available. Totally far-out drag and drop modules, not so strict moderators, solid backlinks and a chance to get some quality traffic too. Hey, it’s Seth Godin!
8. Hubpages – Cool site and sweet community. You might need a better article though because before they do-follow your links, they’ll look at your article first and they’ll decide if it’s worth do-following your links.
9. Blogger – My second favorite. Again, drag and drop stuff, no strick moderators and solid backlinks. Almost zero traffic though.
10. Bloggersbase – This one is pretty sweet. They understand that you’re there for promoting your own blog so it’s ok for them to put an author info at the end of your article.
11. Ever – Weirdest.Photo.Ever.com, Sexiest.Blonde.Ever.com, Best.Guns.Ever.com – cool sister site of Squidoo.com. The idea is simple, when you get to the site they have a drop down of adjectives you can choose from – that’ll be the first word in your domain and the second or third is up to you.
12. Webs – Please bear with me though if I cry while typing stuff about Webs (formely FreeWebs, it’s just that this is one of the site I was used to when I first started, it’s so memorable to me *cry cry* :-)
OK, seriously, I like the easy interface. They do post a wide AdSense ad on top of the page though, but other than that, you’ll like it.
13. Devhub – Here’s a new player in the field, one account, tons of sites, referral program and automatic monitization + cash out at $5, so you make money while building links too, sweet!
14. Tumblr – Tumblr blogs are for vanity and just for pure social networking so when you post stuff here, appear natural. Write like you’re talking to your close friend. You might want to add some nonesense pictures too, BIG ++ in appearing natural ;-)
15. Xanga – My dad used to use this waay back when I was 10, posting pictures and stuff – multiply-ish type of site.
I haven’t tried the 6 “midget blog” sites below personally…
16. Webjam – Create your own social networking site kind of thing, looks promising.
17. Weebly – Drag and drop stuff, no advertising and lots of templates.
18. ZoomBlog – Integrates with Flickr, Bloglines and Technorati
19. Wikidot – Another cool wiki site.
20. Nexo – Another multiply-ish type of site, kinda hard to get it because it has the “For family and friends” site feeling.
21. Rateitall – This one’s pretty unique – you can make a post and let others rate it OR you can be the one who rates stuff. They’ve also filled the site with tons of quizes.
(WARNING – powerful hint: interlinking.)
22. Digg – Weird stuff, odd pictures and tech – that makes it my favorite social bookmarking site :-) OK, aside from being my favorite, Digg has a very slick interface.
23. Slashdot – “News for nerds. Stuff that matters.” Very very strict moderators. Mainly because, the site is PR 9 since way back then. So I suggest post “real” cool stuff that the slashdot community would be interested in.
24. Spurl – Very simple, clean interface, lesser ads, I like it.
25. Plime – From the looks of it, it’s a heavily customized Pligg, splashed with weird but attractive colors – brith of Plime!
26. Dotnetkicks – This one only allows system stuff (ASP, C#, C++, XML, etc) Another site that looks to be built upon Pligg.
27. Searchles – Has a wide category for the internet marketing niche, voting is from 1-5 stars (or circles)
28. Bibsonomy – Another very clean and simple social site.
29. Tweako – One of the social sites I was able to see the actual growth, literally almost the start. I was able to talk to the founder, awesome dude.
30. Yattle – Social bookmarking site with a mini-blogging service
Don’t Be Shy – Upload Videos
If you can’t stop talking, better grab a camera and record it, another easy way to get a backlink.
For camera shy’s out there, you can always make use of camtasia or powerpoint, way easier. It doesn’t have to be totally cool, it just have to be good enough to get accepted on these sites (and of course, to show to the public :-D):
31. Dailymotion – Just upload any of your own video and get a link in the profile page – that easy.
32. Videojug – A video site full of how to videos. I’m pretty sure the videos are moderated, but heck, I bet it’s easy to get in.
33. Viddler – Slick interfae, and unlike the two above, you get a link on EACH video you submit!
Giveaway YOUR Docs
After slapping your articles on those “midget blog” sites, you can submit it as documents on these sites and still get away with a link. You can also submit a free report you already have, no duplicate content issue.
34. Scribd – The pioneer in the document-submitting industry :-D
35. Issuu – Sleek interface with voting system.
36. Docstoc – Pretty promising with referral reward system.
Make Use Of Torrents
Same idea as submitting your report or articles, but this time you give them away via Torrent. You get a link on the torrent search engine’s description area.
Ordinary Persons Too Have A Voice – Petition
Make a petition related to the niche you are in and introduce yourself with a link to your blog, that easy:
Social Networking Profiles
I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of social networking profiles out there that doesn’t have the no-follow tag in the links on your profiles, but these are some quick finds:
41. Friendster – Friendster has been on the platue recently probably due to the tons of bugs the site have, still worth creating a profile there though.
42. Gather – Social networking site where you can create a blog that links to your site ;-)
Most of these stuff take advantage of human nature, it’s almost as close as pointing a gun at their head asking them to link to your site, OK not really but these stuff works pretty good.
43. Rank and rate them – Definitely “tickles” human nature. Rank people in your niche using any weird ranking factors, but works best with trusted 3rd party sources. Check out the top 100 make money online blogs and the Youngest Bloggers (WARNING: Self promotion, self promotion!)
44. Interviews – Wow, very old, very saturated tactic that STILL works. Heck, I bet it will always do – it’s a win-win. The interviewer gets good content, the interviewee LINK gets good exposure.
45. Awards – Another human nature tickler. Simple idea really – you award people in your niche for something. For example, the most absurd blogging blog (OK, that’s not a good example, heh), the blog design, the best writing style. Then, give out a plaque, or in the online world, a badge or a small spiffy graphic to post on their blog.
Use One Of The Most Potent Weapons Of Influence – Reciprocity
GASP! Human nature stuff here again.
Has someone ever helped you and asked for nothing in return? Then when he needs something, whatever it is, you feel obliged to help? That’s human nature talking to you.
You feel obliged to reciprocate. So that is what we’re going to take advantage here, we’ll make them feel obliged to link to us.
Even the Godfather uses this “persuasion” tactic.
46. Testimonials – A very saturated tactic here too that still works. Can get you a link from a very authoritative site and has a big chance to drive you loads of traffic.
47. Sponsor, donate – There are some blogs there that has an Amazon Wishlist or a “buy me a drink” donating buttons. Most of lists down all the people who have donated in some way. Maybe via blogroll or via a post, permanent link right there.
Fresh and funky
48. Interview someone on twitter – not a lot of people has done it, so you might even get top bloggers to link to you.
49. Give t-shirts – Dude, who doesn’t love free t-shirts?
50. Ask for the link – “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” – Matthew 7:7
Money doesn’t come to you, you come and get it (although in some cases, after you’ve made lots of it, they happen to come to you) it’s the same for backlinks, you come and get it – email bloggers that you’ve made an awesome post (hint!) that’s worth sharing to their readers. Of course, you wouldn’t want to do this for each of your post.
51. Yedda – It’s like Yahoo Answers, but it’s do-follow B-)
52. The new article marketing – The new article marketing just got more badass. Now, it gives you a heavy link juice concentrate and damn fine targeted traffic. Checkout the new article marketing.
53. Zug – Tell a joke, get a link. Simple. Rad.
54. Throw a contest – This got a bit saturated in the “make money” market because of the massive links contest hosts get before, but still works. Tip: to make this work, make it a lot easier for people to join. For example, twittering, copy pasting a small blurb of text to their blog, Stumbling the post, etc.
55. Hotscripts – You a programmer dude? Make a simple script and give it away. You’ll get a link back from the BIG hotscripts directory PLUS, you can request a link back from the people who will use your script.
56. Firefox extension – Ok, if you’re not a programmer, it’s worth hiring one just for this. addons.mozilla.org is PR 9 baby! If your extension gets approved, that’s a permanent link!
57. Make an article about Digg – Diggers REALLY dig posts about digg. Seriosly, very easy to take advantage of that. Remember the chick who made a song about Digg LINK? Works.
58. Blog about twitter – Hey, what the heck, Twitter is ON FIRE, it’s hot. Think about it, almost every Twitter app out there gets its time on the spot light at least once.
59. Eye catching design – This technique works best on design blogs (or other related topics). The idea is, make a great, unique design and get featured on design blogs like Smashing Magazine and CSS galeries.
Actually, I’m pretty sure the stuff below won’t even take 5 minutes to set up. The reward is great and turnkey. I recommend doing the two…
60. Domain canonicalization – The name is the only one scary, this is just an easy fix. I made an article about domian canonicalization before.
61. Take advantage of scrapers – They are damn pesky but not “that” smart. They grab content from your blogs through your RSS feed – they grab the whole post INCLUDING links. So if you’re linking back to your blog in that post, they’ll link to that too. Of course you can’t always link back to your blog in every post, that would be weird. Here’s a plugin that’ll help you LINK.
My favorite part, sneaky effective tactics here that requires very little work. Best part is, most stuff here are white hat – totally legit.
If you can’t finish the whole article, just finish this part, you’ll like it.
62. Post at .gov and .edu forums – One of my personal favorites. Totally whitehat and doesn’t require you to “think” at all. No kidding. Here’s a post I did back at 2007 on how to find .edu and .gov backlinks.
63. SELL your WordPress theme – Giving away WordPress themes with footer linking back to your site is old, still works, but old. What if you sell them? You get the link AND the cash. Besides, selling your WordPress theme instead of giving it away pumps up its perceive value. You also give better support because there’s less people to handle. (hint, hint)
64. Give FREE graphics and icons – I’m a big fan of slick icons and buttons and I bet you are too (if you’re not, you probably haven’t seen a good one yet!)
65. Referrer spam – I did an article about referrer spamming awhile back. Sneaky I tell you, but will definitely MAUL your reputation if you’re promoting a legit site. Your host should also be ready to get complaints because this is blatant spamming. On the bright side, this works well on made for affiliates/adsense sites ;-)
66. Create a web directory then “make them” link back to you – I’m pretty sure you’re familiar with web directories wherein you submit your site and they include it in their directory for a link back or for an upfront payment. Now instead of requesting them to link back to your directory, how about requesting a link back to your site? Shotgun but turnkey.
67. Buy an old domain – Buy and old domain, install WordPress on it and slap an article with your link. Easy. Old domains are more authoritative than new ones… well because they’re old – so they give more link juice. Tip: Buying old domains that has a good name is expensive, very. So I suggest getting something that’s just in the middle.
68. Huge do-follow list – Spend 30 minutes a day on commenting on do follow blogs and you’re in for some quality targeted backlinks. Catch? Takes a lot of time. You have to read the blog post, spark some conversation and “appear” natural. Other than that, definitely worth the try – 1400 Do-Follow Blog List.
69. Pattern interrupt – Another one stolen from NLP (btw, I’m NOT an NLP “guru”, I’m not even close to one, I just happen to know some of their “tricks”) pattern interupt, do something your niche is doing the other way around. Quick example is instead of selling ebooks, sell take home study courses, CD’s or DVD’s.
There are literally hundreds of link building tactics out there, and I bet thousands of undiscovered stuff.
It’s pure creativity.
Discovering new “midget blog” sites and new human nature “ticklers” are all forms of creativity (or a day sitting infront of my laptop ;-)
The Bad Blogger says
To be honest with you, I never really read such long post, but thanks for the links, I surely needed those site to boost my traffic… thanks Carl for the list !
Tom Harvey says
Some great tips on link building, using both simple and more advanced methods.
Great to get sites visited and climbing up the rankings. Will definately be using some of these techniques!!
Alex | Blogussion.com says
Some nice tips here. A list of 45 ways to build backlinks was the 2nd most popular post at my blog. Imagine 69. ;)
this a tone of lists here carl eh? hope to follow some of the tips here to make my blog rank well
Mike Ndegwa says
This Methods Work. I have used some of them on one of my official Blogs and moved my Alexa Rank from #800,000 + to #192,177. Also Don’t forget to include your name in the said posts and articles, If you are proud of the stuff you write so as to get back links then its like killing two birds with one stone:
1. You will get back Links and
2. you will brand yourself
When you brand yourself people gain more trust in you and as you know, the more people trust you, the more money they Spend on you!
Premium Tickets says
I agree with you Mike. It is all about branding these days..
Phew! that was a super long reading, but really appreciate you boost effort to write and share your secret to success in blogging. Hoping to be like you someday. Keep up the good work Carl.
@Alex | Blogussion.com – it’s a magic number ;-)
@Mike Ndegwa – Agreed – on some instances though. For example when you create those “midget blogs”, you don’t want EVERY article to be named after you, especially if it’s written by a different person – different voice, it would ruin your credibility.
Great post I found it really interesting and thanks for the tips.
Carl would it be better to set up a CMS like Joomla or use a blog software for a website that generates traffic, whether it be by free information or making money online?
ShaunJudy dot Com says
Love the list.. I think I am going to give some link love to this one, in a post tomorrow. As always keep it real!
Catch Ya later
ShaunJudy dot Com says
Oh yeah one more thing I LOVE the Torrent idea….Why did I not think of that one earlier?
Hey this is great post but please anyone tell me what mean torrent link? thx
Mike Ndegwa says
@carl Yea I agree to some level you need to use your Name and other times an Alias. Especially when using a “2nd Voice” you want it to appear natural and not self promoting.
I would also encourage using multiple accounts, where necessary.
Also would encourage patience and plan on the side of Entrepreneurs. SEOis not for the faint hearted
Normal Joe says
Dang dude! lol. I use some of these but you got quite a few I haven’t heard of. Thanks for the goodness boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Really very informative blog… All above links are very useful for me.
Thanks a Lot.
@ShaunJudy dot Com – cool, thanks Shaun :-)
Backlink Builder says
Flipping heck – 69 ways to build backlinks…and then you die of old age and exhaustion!
Making Money on the Web says
You are great! The blog is full of valuable information that is very useful for the linkbuilding and icreasing the Google Page Rank.
very impressive list, i started my blogging 2 months ago and its gets better and better every single day.
thank you so much for this list, i will definitely use these ideas for my blog promotion!
keep it up
How to Write a Writing says
Great Post! Almost 75 percent from it goes to my Plan A
Greate job .
Great list Carl, just seems like to good ole’ days of you.. ;-)
I heard Back linking is like 90% of SEO, and its so true ( if even not more). Im gonna test some of your ways up there. Thanks for sharing.
cara membuat website says
Lost of resources website, thanks carl to list it, to make more easier to use.
seo linkbait services says
thanks for the kind mention to using humor to get links. Its worked for Zug.com for almost as old as Carl bin born.
Diggy -upgradereality.com says
Thanks for this awesome list!
Bookmarked it and will be using it to start making links to my domains.
Im only getting into internet marketing now and still have much to learn!
Thanks for all your posts!
Keep it real:)
jeff bode says
Hey Carl, this is an amazing list… several of these methods I have used… You have some very creative ideas… I think I’ll try interviewing someone on twitter as well as some of the other ones.
Whew. Very long list! But every word worth reading! Thanks carl.
its amazing the methods i have used .its very creative ideas!!!!
Great post! I didn’t know that there’s a long (kinda huge) list of ways on getting backlinks, I’m sure if I had to follow most of them, my blog will be page ranked in no time… Thanks! =)
Very long list. I think I didn’t do it harder. Thanks for sharing this huge tips
Thank you very much Carl for this very nice article and possibilties you have shown us! I am just trying to set up my own blog.
Brenon MacLaury says
Long, but worth the read. Thanks for all the tips! I’ve used a few of them, but it’s always good to have a list of ideas to use on a rainy day :) Thanks again!
Nice post keep it up , great info how to build back links i was looking for it . may thanks.
Thanks for the information. You helped me a lot.
Nice tips, i want to got lots traffic to mi site productsherbal.com , but had not succeeded so far ( your post is helpful for me
Nice, tips i work full time to promote my blog and than start my blog network.
Great things., tat will help my blog visibility, thankz.
Jonha Ducayag Revesencio says
Thanks for sharing these information and links to what might have been helping you in your web presence. I really need these sites and learn how to effectively use them. Thanks so much for sharing them!
Excellent resource. Thanks for the tips.
Blog On, Geek! says
Great post. Bookmarked immediately.
Note: There is an error (invalid link) at: …Checkout the new article marketing.
Colorado SEO says
Nice to see a post with some real value. My favorite site is also Digg. I have seen some crazy traffic come from 1 post on Digg. It’s not just the backlinks, but the traffic we are after.
Dating Vancouver says
Thanks for sharing. This is very detailed and to the point. Just the way I like it. :-)
Good information. What do you think about just hiring an outsourcer on elance or something to do all this stuff for you?
I also heard that you can get blacklisted by Google if you do too much too fast (as it will look at that as spam).
Mladen Stosic says
Great great great post. Thanx
thanks for sharing this info…
Trevor Bandura says
Great Post. I think this topic about building back links is
one of the most frustrating things to do for new internet
All anyone has to do is understand that this takes time to
do, and not expect too much right from the start, and over
time they will start to receive massive traffic from the
search engines by getting some great quality back links
to their site.
Free Google SEO Tips says
though its a very long post but its just amazing tips to build back links. totally mind blowing effort, cheers….
Kris Beus says
Another excellent example of pure link bait. The list you created is amazing and being an experianced internet marketer I was surprised that I opened as many diffrent windows as I did. Usually when reading lists about link building I laugh and close them after reading the top 5. Your list is legit one of the best I have seen thank you.
Really good site Carl. I like the way the information is easy to understand and you have covered so much in the link building and traffic articles. Thanks. Sandkat
Great tips Carl :)
Thanks, going to use this to promote my “How to get rich in the adult entertainment industry” blog :)
I will just add those new resources to my old list, you can never have enough of those :)
Membuat Website says
Lost of resources website, thanks carl to list it, to make more easier to use.I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts.
Thanks for sharing these tips Carl. Good luck with the new book. It is good to find someone willing to share and not charge the world for it.
Thanks again for this list. I thought it was going to be one of those post that i’ve repeat over-used tricks but it wasn’t. I got more new things that i’ve never heard or seen. Thanks agian for such a helpful post.
Thanks very much for this list!
It will certainly help me get my site noticed more and give me some more exposure. A lot of useful blogging tips some of them I can’t use like the programming one’s but I can see them working extremely well for some people.
All the best!
Thanks, this is really helpful for me as I have just set up my website and need backlinks fast.
Numis Network says
Excellent stuff Carl! I visited your site a few weeks ago and implemented a few of these and my site is already on the first page of google…thank you!
aflam toreksh says
Thank you very much on the capacity of your information which is considered one of the secrets that are hard for Lake Thank you my friend
Thanks. I’ll apply some of the techniques :)
Could you please let me know the plugin for the point number 61. I believe the hyperlink is not mentioned. Please send me this plugin link.Thanks
Nilk Martinez says
kool stuff outside the box. (nothing about rss feeds. jk jk lol) defenitly worth $197
buy playstation move says
Social bookmarking is not working anymore. I’m not sure why. it may be google dosn’t like link on social bookmark website.
Toddler Boy Clothing says
Wow!!! Long post. Definitely useful. I didn’t think of many of your points like torrents (sp?). Definitely bookmarking this.
ayuan from article marketing tools says
I have to say, lots of your ways I haven’t used. I have already bookmarked this post, I will try some of them, hope they will boost my traffic.
By the way, I use your ultimate blogging theme to set up my blog. I love it.
Can I ask you one question? Every time when I open my dashboard, why it shows a message from webpage, saying “out of memory at line: 589”? And I need to click the button “ok” then it is Ok. This didn’t happen before. Would you mind letting me know why? Should I update or something?
Hubs Point says
Nice post @Carl or any other here I need some writers you may also promote your website with a backlink…. email me on z33shanzeeshan @ gmail com
Ryan F. says
Why would I not do this? :)
Thnx man! this is awesome! :)
Great article kid. Yeah kinda over did it on the length here but hey, the information was relevant and made sense. I gurantee that if you apply at least 10-15 of these methods you will dramatically increase the traffic going to your site.
Keep em going dude!
This is a very long list.
Lots to think about.
How many of these will get you dofollow links ?
I find that a lot of sites change from dofollow to nofollow.
If this keeps up, google will be out of lot on finding dofollow links.
make money blogging | TheBloggersPath.com says
Incredible list, although it seems like a lot of hard work to do, but getting high quality dofollow links on your site/blog is really a tough thing to do alone and in most cases I think this will cost you some.
Paul Counts says
This is one of the best business building blog posts I have ever read! I am going to be in touch with an outsourcer on Odesk very soon to get some of these links for myself! This is absolutely brilliant! Incredible job Carl!
This is superb dude! Unlike the articles on eHow or Problogger.net, this is more informative, and sensible, and easy to understand too… Well done again Carl! I’ll keep reading you blog! (Man I can’t believe this fellow countryman of mine is so informative.)
painting contractors says
man I though there were only 4 ways to build backlinks thanks for the list.
Thanks for the linking ideas. Many I was familiar with others I was not. I subcribed to your blog.
thanks for the comprehensive list of tips being shared. Cheers
Hi Carl, thanks for sharing this. I will try all the things you brought up here. Indeed you posted a ton of sites to build backlink from. In fact building backlinks is a lot of hardwork to do on my part but hopefully in the end, I will reap some rewards. Who knows! :).
long way to go… but i try to implement your suggestion one by one…. thanks bro
Karan Labra says
Thats a great list there.
I found lots of ideas/links from your list. Will do several of them in the days to come. I’ve also read a lot of lists, but I found plenty of new things here. Thanks…. and more power to you, even if you’re already super successful.
Mr. MakingUsmile says
Good information. I’m learning new stuff every day. Thank you for making me smile.
Zain Shaikh says
Marvelous list. I tried a lot of them. and it really worked. thanks :)
Dog Training Obedience says
Great list, some of these I have used before, but most I haven’t. I will have to get working on this list, thx great post.
Thanks so much for this list. I promise to return the favor by backlinking to you in the near future. About to dive in and try these out.
Pampanga Directory says
Thanks for this really awesome post. Your site is bookmarked so I won’t lose it. I did enjoyed reading a long post. I was so excited to get on the 69th. lol God bless Sir!
I thought this was going to be a far more spammy type of article but it actually got me thinking of sharing with my marketing people. Will try some of this stuff out and see how it works.
That was a really long list. Stressing the long part, made longer with the need to keep rereading in order to see if I got the information right. Its nice to see, what I’m doing wrong. lol. Nice work.
prctice management says
Thank you boss its great information that how to make link building more effective .
Well this is huge post but very informative. Lot of new tips for me. Now back to work :)
I didnt see you mention ezine articles…Any reason?
One of the best backlinks tips, lots of great advices. I favorite your page :-) keep it
Great list, you can also use blog engage, that should make 70 ways to build backlinks ;-)
awesome blog dude .. made a great help to me.
really… this has been a great stuff to me.
Have just read this 69 ways and it really a great tip for bloggers. Hello Carl, this tips would help me a lot and I looking forward to write a content for your site. I just make my idea organized this time. I hope I am not late in commenting this post here.
Mr.Yoyox Jogja says
this is what i looking for so far, great list, thanks dude…
Thanks for all the info hope I can get my blog out there!
very informative post. will apply some of the tips on my blog. :)
Thanks man, I’ve used these tips quite a bit since I originally read this blog.
Slimming Tablets says
In addition to what you have said, Advertising your site to sell links is very bad and you could easily be banned. If you sell links, dont display them on the front page. Also, dont gather links very fast. I lost 3 sites easily because within 2 months of setting up the ste, i acquired over 2000 links. Google banned the sites. if you buy old domains which i think is the best, you can gather links very fast.Mind you, it also depends on the age of the domain. For domain over 5yrs, the sky is your limit. 1, 2 yrs be careful. Hope this help someone
Carla Easley says
These are some hott link building tips! I’ve utilized a few of these methods but clearly, I have alot to learn. Thanks :)
Kenny Fabre says
awesome tips man
Alex Simring says
Very informative post. Clear and easy to understand, but also has lots of new stuff that hasn’t been posted before. Also got to check out other useful stuff on your site. This is exactly the kind of content which will get you noticed. Bookmarked and repped!
mark angelo says
kahit antok na antok nako, nabuhayan ako nung nabasa ko to.. hehehe thanks for the links and tips. i really find it hard to get backlinks. sana po maaprubahan tong comment. thanks ulet! :)
Office Chairs Philippines says
Just started. I’ll do social bookmarking sites first. The web 2.0 sites takes more effort so it will be next in my strategy. Thanks a lot.
Online Partner says
Very awesome tips, i never have encountered this giving aways a free tips on how to make money online and how to get traffic… God bless carl….
mark angelo says
You are such a Genius Carl! You posses such an extraordinary talent. Thanks to these useful information.
Roland Aden says
I’ve been tearing my hair out trying to make backlinks in comments, forums, etc. only to find their no follow or don’t work. I really appreciate your list of new ideas. Hey, I guess you just proved your point about the list thing.
this a awesome post. i was not known to me that there are may ways to build links.
Pinoy Earners says
Wow, what a great post, i salute all of your content. very informative
Lourdes Galang says
Another useful list. How about updating the list on the social networking profile like Friendster?I wonder if anyone still uses that since its like a gaming site already. Anyhow, thanks for the useful tips I can use to achieve my goals with my site! More power!
Very long list! awesome tips
69 tips! awesome.. I’ve been use only 2 of them.
Tim Cole says
Highly challenging appreciate it, I believe your trusty audience could perhaps want even more content similar to this keep up the good content.
james knife says
All very useful sites, I’ve added a few to my list. I would have never thought about using a few of these, never knew they existed.
very good list of website s to be kept in mind for a newbie blogger …. also motivates for laying big milestones on internet
Excellent article – Great article – thanks for providing such in-depth information.
Here’s something I do for backlinks: Become a part of a forum in your niche and offer to help people. Example: You have a Photoshop blog, go on photoshop forums. Make useful posts, and don’t forget to put your website link in your signature. Every once in a while you’ll come across someone asking how to do something you’ve already written about. Tell them, “Hey I already wrote an article about that here….” give them the link.
This is a good way to start for me begin link building in my new blog. Thanks for this awesome list I hope you’ll add up more tips very soon.
Lori P. says
WOW Carl! Fantastic post and this is exactly what I was going to be searching for today, especially for the midget blogs I do. THANK YOU for the great info & btw thanks for the solo :)
Wow, what a list !
I have been mostly answering at Yahoo Answers but getting lots of Top Answers does not seem to provide any links at all… :(
Started googling for dofollow and ended up here.
Anirudh Bahadur says
Building links that help serps of our sites in a positive way is really getting hard because Google wants quality link, not quantity. Anyway, this post is a relief for me as I had lost my way of building links after the Google penguin update. I realize many of the ways you mentioned can be used for sheer traffic if not SEO benefits!
P.S. Loved the post, especially the “Fresh & Funky” section since everything in it was new to me. Thanks!!
Mtn Cheat says
You have said it all in my own case when i hosted my site i used social networks like facebook and twitter to get more traffic but in terms of building backlink commenting in blogs works best for me if you can be able to find blog with Dofollow
Amazing article. I’ll be sure to try some of your backlinking tips. Thanks.
Julietta Wishbird says
Amazing article with good help for any webpage. I’m gonna try some of the tips right away.
Kelsey Jenney says
Thanks for your useful information. I hope, I can improve my website ranks significantly.
I have one question, if Carl or someone else reading this wants (or knows) to answer me. I read this post and I see few tips for getting a link from a site which is not in your niche. I’ve red elsewhere that it’s best to get a link from a site in your niche. But what if it’s not in your niche. What is the difference in value? Has someone managed to measure this somehow? I know it’s hard to measure it, but, you know, some kind of comparison.
????? ????? says
I have one question, if Carl or someone else reading this wants (or knows) to answer me. I read this post and I see few tips for getting a link from a site which is not in your niche. I’ve red elsewhere that it’s best to get a link from a site in your niche. But what if it’s not in your niche. What is the difference in value? Has someone managed to measure this somehow? I know it’s hard to measure it, but, you know, some
Well this is obvious that backlinks are most important for every website. thanks alot for sharing this helpful article I will also follow your points for my websites back links building.
Thank you for such good information to get more back links.I hope that i will improve my website.
Hey one more thing, as some one else also said this, This is really important to have quality links, 1 quality link is better than several useless links, so this is also a very important point to keep in mind while building links.
If you go down this route, it would take you a very long time and plenty of resources to increase your page ranking. What do you think of using SEO tools that will help boost ranking but pollute the web with garbage?