After introducing the new article marketing, the first person to comment just leaked my next posts unconsciously…
I love the idea, Carl, but I’m a little confused. How do you a) find the best authoritative blogs in your niche, b) submit your article to these blogs, and c) get them to publish it?
Way to go Joel for that comment (Now you’ll anticipate more people to subscribe to my blog, heh.)
How Do You Find The Best Authoritative Blogs In Your Niche?
Here are 7 websites I’ve been using when I go around hunting for popular blogs…
1. WhosTalkin – This new baby (just launched last year) is going big sometime soon. When you do a search, you get all the related blogs basing on your keyword PLUS results from other social media and social networking sites like Twitter, Plurk, Facebook, etc. A great tool for reputation management too.
2. Google Blog Search – Hmmm nothing new here, clean interface, relevant results, just the same as how Google serves us LOL.
3. Technorati – They’ve been pretty messed up for the last months because of their weird feature tests and design changes but their big, big directory still lives up to the promise of ranking top blogs.
4. StumbleUpon – Not really of good use if you’re doing a proper research, just a nifty tool to read some cool stuff on your interests.
5. Delicious – I like using Delicious personally because you get to know what people think about the blogs and how many people REALLY liked it – compared to the other sites in this list, it’s real people voting, not just some algorithm.
6. Ask Blog Search – Well Ask’s been doing a pretty good job with their blog search, less splogs than any of the above.
7. Google Reader – After a long day hunting, subscribe to the blogs you’ve found and test out Google Reader’s new “top recommendations” and you’ll double your popular blogs list.
How About You?
It’s definitely not a complete list, how about you? If you’re using a website or a technique to find popular blogs in a specific niche, speak up and share it in the comments section below ;-)